Laptops are portable computers that can perform a range of tasks, such as word processing, internet browsing, gaming, and video editing. They are a popular form of computing device because you can use them while on the go. Because of their demand, different types of laptops are now available. Laptops offer many advantages over traditional desktop computers because they are more moveable and have better battery life.
Nowadays, laptops have turned into the requisite devices needed by most users. At home, you can use a laptop to create presentations, play games, and surf the web. When at work, you can use it to send emails, keep track of tasks, and complete projects. Also, if you travel often, a laptop will help you stay connected to people and enable you to do your work while on the move.
When choosing a laptop it can be quite difficult. The biggest factor to consider is how much you're willing to spend. Another factor to consider is the size of the laptop.
Why are Different Types of Laptops in Demand:
Laptops are in great demand over the past few years. Due to the demand, many types of laptops are now acquirable in the market. Based on the features and the purpose they serve they are available in various price ranges.
Laptops may have many benefits over regular desktops. But they also have a few cons. Here we will list a few Pros and Cons of the same.
Pros of Laptops:
- The main Aspect is portability. This is one main benefit because of which laptops have gained tremendous significance.
- Laptops are cable-free, which means you need not worry about connecting your keyboard or mouse separately to the laptop and so work in a tangle-free atmosphere.
- You can charge the battery of the laptop and take it anywhere you want and use it.
- They come in varied shapes and depending on the purpose for which you need them you can choose the type of laptop.
Cons of Laptop:
- Laptops are not as durable as desktops
- They are delicate to deal with and can break when non handled with care
- Few Parts of a laptop might cost you more when they need to be replaced
- Laptop will be damaged very quickly if you spill anything on it.
Top 5 Types Of Laptops In Demand
Ultrabook is a Thin and lightweight variation of a laptop, that one can easily carry from one place to another. The materials used in making these laptops are extremely lightweight which makes them very thin and weightless. This feature makes it easy to carry wherever possible.
Ultrabooks are extremely sleek and have a delicate design. The cost of an Ultrabook is normally higher than a regular laptop as they come with high-end components used in the devices. They have CPU, SSD, or screens that are typically more powerful and use less power for the same usage.
Why are Ultrabooks in Demand ?
Ultrabooks also run on high end processors. Hardware in an Ultrabook includes Speakers, USB ports, HDMI ports, Ethernet ports, RAM slots, Wi-Fi chip, the graphics chip, battery, card reader, screen cables, CPU, heat sink, and CPU fan.
We see the costs for Ultrabooks to be higher than those of traditional laptops. The difference is in the devices' internal components which are designed at a higher level and with better technology, from their CPUs down to the SSDs or screens.
The keyboard of an Ultrabook usually does not have the number keys and has a compact keyboard design. Ultrabooks are enabled with the Rapid Start feature which helps them to boot quickly.
- Processor: Intel Core i5 7th Gen (2.5 GHz base clock)
- Display: 13.3-inch Antiglare IPS (1920x1080 pixels) FHD display | 250 Nits
- Memory & Storage: 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB) (Expandable upto 32gb)| 256 GB SSD
Convertible laptops are the types of laptops that feature the characteristics of a laptop and a tablet. The rise of the 2-in-1 laptop has shown that this device can be very well-liked by consumers of all types. Now, it's possible to carry a device that has the best of both worlds.
For example, you can use a 2-in-1 to work and write up reports or create presentations, then later use it to watch a movie or play games. You can place a 2-in-1 laptop in any position you want, such as upright, flat, or even in "tent" mode with the screen propped up.
It's a very convenient way to carry around a computer, saving space and not having to carry a bulky laptop everywhere. Simply put, a 2-in-1 is a great device to own. They have varied inputs/outputs, a CD/DVD player, more memory, and other features that a laptop should have. Apart from these they also combine the features of tables.
There are 2 modes in which convertible laptops are available: one in which you can detach the keyboard and the other in which the keyboard is non-detachable, but, the laptop is foldable and you can place it as a tent for entertainment purposes.
- Processor & Graphics: 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 | Speed: 2.8 GHz (Base) - 4.7 GHz (Max) | 4 Cores | 12MB Cache | Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- OS and Pre-Installed Softare: Pre-Loaded Windows 11 Home with Lifetime Validity | MS Office Home and Student 2021 | Xbox GamePass Ultimate 3-month subscription*
- Memory and Storage: 16GB RAM DDR4-3200 | 512 GB SSD
A Netbook is a small, light, low-power notebook computer that has less processing power than a full-sized laptop but is still appropriate for word processing, running a Web browser, and connecting wirelessly to the Internet.
Netbooks are extremely lightweight, and most do not include a CD/DVD drive. But, they do support a small keyboard for word processing and other inputs.
The use of Netbooks was at first as a secondary computing option and it mainly targeted the education market. But, they have become increasingly popular, particularly among students, bloggers, and those who mainly use a laptop to access the Web. Netbooks are also ideal for cloud computing.
- LincPlus laptops are based on an Intel Celeron N3350 processor (2.40 GHz burst frequency). The notebook installed windows 10 S mode and the Microsoft Office trial version, you can swift to windows 10 Home for free in a few simple steps.The memory can be upgraded with M.2 2280 SATA SSD (sold separately) for faster operation.
- Lightweight ultrabook with ultra-thin Metal housing, the portable laptop is perfect for student tasks, family use and entertainment. for emails, web work, watch video.Meet your daily needs.
- Full HD netbook 1920x1080 IPS display offers vivid colors and clarity.2M front webcam supports your web chat, Skype and FaceTime. The full-size keyboard is sturdy with no bending.
Gaming laptops are alike to normal laptops in look and feel. The main difference lies in the processing powers of these laptops. These laptops are a great option for those who want to play the latest games on their laptop. They offer high-end graphics cards and processors, which means that they can run any game flawlessly.
Gaming laptops are not only powerful but also portable. They are light and easy to carry around so you can take your gaming experience with you anywhere you go. Gaming laptops usually tend to have a good screen resolution so as to enjoy a good gaming experience. They have ports to connect your headphones for a good gaming experience.
Some Important tips to consider when choosing a Gaming Laptop :
- High Processing Speed
- Large Memory capacity.
- High-end Graphics.
- Screen size varying between 14-17 inches.
- Higher refresh rate of the screen.
- Battery life
- Processor: 11th Generation Intel Core i7-11800H Up To 4.60 GHz
- Operating System: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity (Free Upgrade to Windows 11 Home when Available) |Preinstalled Software: Nvidia GeForce Experience Nahimic 3 MSI Center Gaming Mode MSI App player | In the box: Laptop, Adapter
- Display: 40CM FHD (1920*1080), 144Hz 45%NTSC IPS-Level Panel
A Chromebook is a laptop that runs on Chrome OS. It is a lightweight and effortless device that has been gaining popularity. It has a lot of features that make it an alluring option for people who want to explore the world of laptops. There is an absence of a lot of memory space in Chromebook, as the main consideration while using a Chromebook is that you must have a sound internet connection.
This is because Google encourages you to store all documents and files in the cloud. A Chromebook is not a full-fledged pc or a laptop. It is ideal for people whose jobs primarily involve working on the internet.
- Memory Technology : LPDDR4
- Light Laptop without Optical Disk Drive
- .Memory Technology : LPDDR4
FAQ's On Types of Laptops:
What is the difference between Ultrabook and Netbook?
Ultrabooks and Netbooks are similar, except that Netbooks are smaller in size. A netbook will have less storage space than an Ultrabook. An Ultrabook's battery life will be longer than the average netbook which makes it more convenient for users who are always on the go.
What is an Ideal Processor speed for Laptops?
Ideal Processor speeds between 3.5 to 4.2 GHz is a good processor speeds for laptops.
Do Chromebooks have built-in WI-FI ?
No, They do not have built-in Wi-fi, but will connect to the network wi-fi connection available near you and connect to it directly.
There are several types of laptops available on the market. These include Chromebook, netbooks, Tablet PC, and Convertible laptops. While traditional laptops tend to perform all the functions, the design of newer forms of laptops is such that they are specific to certain tasks. It is ideal to consider the purpose for which you need a laptop and also decide on the budget.